Back to: World Dictionary
This page is formatted by what affiliation a character has, to find a specific person, click a jump link below to the place/organization/race they are associated with. The main characters are likely under “Travel Companions” (Post Chapter 10’s release).
It also contains information on organizations such as schools, religious groups, and governments.
by Alastor Ryudai, circa 1230
- Nothing here yet! (This will be updated around the end of this arc- start of next arc)
Eldeora is one of the Great Schools of Magic. It can be found above the mountain city of Voulden, on a plateau several hundred feet from the mountain’s summit. Originally, the castle which is used for the school, was the government building for the city, but due to a demand for expansion- the city was rebuilt on a lower shelf to house more people.
Eldeora School of Magic was formed circa 500, and has been operating out of the castle for nearly 700 years since. The amount of students enrolled is around 3,000 at any given time, and around 150 staff are employed. The castle is governed by the Headmaster, and treated as a separate entity to the city below.
The castle is of Elven and Dwarven construction, and is known as one of the largest man made structures ever created. Including it’s four main towers, the structure reaches an unbelievable 180 feet or around 55 meters at it’s peaks. If viewed from the air, the distance between outer walls would be about 250 feet, or around 76 meters.
- Headmaster | Lunian
- Age at introduction: 275
- Race: High Elf
- Lunian is the head of Eldeora, one of the great schools of magic & an experienced mage. When he reached the age around 260– Lunian was contacted by the previous Headmaster of Eldeora to take the position, to which he accepted.
- Before his rise to position of Headmaster, Lunian, as a High Elf, spent a lot of time studying art and music prior to joining Eldeora as a student.
- He holds the title of “Saint Mage,” for his ability to create Class VI Light Wards. Lunian also carries the favor of a contracted spirit, Aseth, who enables him to cast powerful Class VIII Trick magic. Other magic accomplishments he holds are: IV Class degree in spacial magic, IV Class degree in ice magic, III Class degree in holy magic, and a Class III degree in water magic.
- Headmaster’s Assistant | Elaine
- Age at introduction: 117
- Race: High Elf
- Elaine is Lunian’s assistant, taking the position of “The Second Seat.” She mainly aids Lunian in logistical school duties, but also has the authority to do most of the Headmaster’s work as well. This position was created in case of an early death or urgent call for the Headmaster. Aside from her position in Eldeora’s internal structure, she is a part-time student.
- Elaine’s past consists of a similar story to Lunian’s past. She spent many year’s time in her home city, learning High Elven art, music, and culture. She became a student of Eldeora in order to learn spatial magic, which she found was easy for her to use.
- Elaine holds the title of “Advanced Mage,” for her Class IV use in spatial magics. Her signature and favorite spell is “Dimension Door,” which allows instantaneous travel to locations she’s been to before or is given magical understanding of. She also has some proficiency to the point of Class III ice magic.
- Groundskeeper | Belkas
- Age at introduction: 58
- Race: Human
- Belkas is the head Groundskeeper of Eldeora, he spends most of his time cleaning the grounds and looking for dress code violations. He has access to the dungeon, one of the few who do, and manages it’s interior.
- Belkas is a war veteran and experienced spellsword, he has mastery of broadsword combat and Class III destruction magic of fire, ice and earth magics.
- Student | Nova
- Age at introduction: 120
- Race: Siren
- Nova was a student of Eldeora until shortly after Alastor appeared in her world. She was mobilized by Selethain to help her get in contact with Alastor, and escaped later to avoid punishment. Outside of that, Nova is a mischievous person who enjoys breaking the rules. She is very high energy and slightly childish, although those who know her find it endearing. Nova is also known for her rapid mood swings and has a hidden sadistic nature that she tries to hide.
- Before going to Eldeora, Nova lived in the city below the school, “Voulden.” It is primarily a High Elf populated area, but Nova found it to be a stimulating environment and enjoyed the music and art that was on display. She ended up exploring her racial specialty of illusion and shadow magic, and was found by accident by Selethain, who offered to take her in and teach her magic.
- Nova does not hold any magic proficiency titles due to a deal she made with Selethain. “I will teach you Shadow magic, but you must not show the general public your mastery of it.” This was to hide her abilities in the case Selethain needed something of her, which turned out to be the case. If she were to be tested, she would have Class IV in shadow, and Class III in illusion.
- Head Pastor (Inari) | Godric
- Race: Djinn
- Age at introduction: 844
- Godric spends most of his time managing the small branch church (Inari) in Seastria, a farming town. He has been in the church for around 80 years, but spent most of it as a low-ranking member in order to change his violent personality. Once he felt that he had become a better man, he sought promotions and eventually became Head Pastor of the branch church in Seastria. He was also tasked by Inari to take care of young Alastor, and raise him in the ways of the church.
- Godric is an old Djinn, but still has over 100 years to live until he is near passing. Godric spent much of his life as a mercenary, fighting in other’s wars for cold, hard gold. He also took on many jobs as an adventurer, escorting caravans and taking down various beasts. It wasn’t until he was almost killed by a wyvern –and saved by a familiar of Inari– that he sought faith.
- Being a Djinn, Godric has talent in trick magic, but he swore off using it after joining the church. Being of an elder age, his ability in this magic touches Class V. He once studied to become a higher ranking trick user, but ultimately found it didn’t aid him much in the battlefield and gave up on progressing it. Outside of that, he is talented in fire magic, which he wields alongside the blade, at a Class IV level. Being in Inari’s church, he is also able to use nature magic- only at the Class III level however.
- Nature Faith Healer (Inari) | Juna
- Race: Fox Demi-human
- Age at introduction: 35
- Juna is a Faith Healer at the branch church (Inari) in Seastria. She handles day-to-day operations inside the church, helps with community activities and sermons, but her main job is that of a healer. When someone is injured by a beast or accident in the fields, they go to Juna.
- Juna is a Fox Demi-human, hailing from the forests in northern Methendil. She is quite young still, and spent most of her time working as a merchant and trader under her father’s purview. When their caravan was attacked by bandits and she watched her father bleed to death, she swore to learn to heal so that she would never experience someone die in front of her again. Fueled by this motivation, she tried to learn magic of many types- holy, nature, and even blood magics were among them. She found that the only type she could use well was nature, and thus joined the church for further study.
- Juna has no magic ability above Class I or II in most magics, but can use up to Class IV nature magic, which allows her to work as a healer for many types of injury.
- Preist-In-Training (Inari) | Rei’el
- Race: Woodland Elf
- Age at introduction: 102
- Rei’el is a young elf, the age of 100 equates to about 20 in human years. He works as a Priest-In-Training, a low position in Inari’s church. In Seastria, where he works, he spends most of his days handling the day-to-day needs of those living at the church. Rei’el cooks, cleans, and helps with anything he is asked of. The church believes those who wish to advance need to learn what it means to be a servant of the public, and that is what his position in Seastria allows him to do.
- Rei’el disliked the tribe of Woodland Elves he lived with from a very young age, and so he left without their blessing. He spent a long time traveling, traversing a huge part of the continent looking for purpose. When he reached Seastria, an older man named Godric asked him what he was doing so far south. A conversation ensued, and Godric took Rei’el under his wing in the church.
- Rei’el was naturally gifted in nature magic, and learned up to Class III quickly, while also embracing his racial talent in wind magic which he has practiced to the same level.
- Nothing here yet!
- The Seat | Quent Lustrious
- Race: Human (???)
- Age at introduction: 324
- Quent holds the title of “The Seat,” or “Seat,” meaning the head of The Council. Different from what one may expect, his position warrants him the least amount of work in the organization. The higher rank you are, the more free you are to explore your own studies, while the lower ranked members handle the busy work.
- Quent is famous for his writings, mainly, “The Classification and Divisions of Magic,” which is still used as the standard for magic classification today. Quent is a human, although he has lived for more than 300 years, the methods he employs to do so is not known. It’s unsure what Quent is doing now or where he has been recently, as he has not been seen for several decades. Because his presence is rarely required, he shows up only when truly needed.
- Quent’s magic prowess is unknown.
- Master Sage | Tael Incudius
- Race: Human
- Age at introduction: 64
- Tael is a “Master Sage,” of which there is only 7. He handles most of the day-to-day operations inside The Council’s headquarters located in the Capital city, Numbrium.
- Outside of his duty to The Council, he is not well known. He spent most of his younger years studying to join The Council, and after doing so, dedicated himself to his duties. Although he can be found at the headquarters at almost any given time, he does not speak much to other members, only doing so if needed for management.
- Tael has a Class V degree in summoning magic, which is the appropriate level for a Master Sage, and no other proficiencies in magic.
- High Sage | Arthae
- Race: Human
- Age at introduction: 62
- Arthae is a “High Sage,” a position which requires a lot of travel. He spends most of his time teleporting around looking into various magic related anomalies and talking with magical authorities. He acts as a representative in most cases, ferrying information between people and the Master Sages in The Council.
- Arthae’s past consists of learning magic at Eldeora alongside a younger Lunian, the two were friends but had very different goals, and often had disagreements about magic after graduating.
- Arthae can use Class IV summoning magic, and studies it carefully so he can gain Class V distinction and advance to a Master Sage.
The Order Of Divinity
- Keeper of Ceremony | Rhodnar
- Race: Djinn
- Age at introduction: 643
- Rhodnar holds a position in the long stigmatized “cult,” “The Order Of Divinity.” His position gives him the responsibilities of opening channels of communication to Gods, Lesser Gods, and Demons. Because this requires immense skill, his is invaluable to the operation of the group.
- Rhodnar was never favored by any higher power, but chose the route he did because of self interest, after learning about them as a student of Eldeora. Both Arthae and Lunian were also students at the time, and shared a good amount of time together as friends.
- Rhodnar has the ability to cast Class VI summoning magic, giving him the title of “Saint Mage,” not unlike his old friend Lunian. Outside of that, Rhodnar has Class III skill in wind magic, as well as Class III in trick magic.
Gods & Spirits
- Lesser Goddess of Shadow | Selethain
- Race: Goddess (Human)
- Age at introduction: ???
- Selethain is a Lesser Goddess of Shadow. She spends most of her time in solitude, seeking ways to increase her following from the darkness. It was long said that gods of shadow did not interact with mortal races, however it was the followers of these dark gods that spread these lies. In truth, gods of shadow are known to aid the thieve’s guild, various brotherhoods, and other shady organizations.
- After being trapped within the shadow of Alastor, she spent several years regaining her former power. During and after this process she <redacted until story progresses>.
- Selethain is a Lesser Goddess, giving her some of the most powerful magic abilities known. The affiliation with shadow to such a degree doesn’t come without caveats however. Because she is a “Lesser” Goddess, she is unable to cast even intermediate spells of any other style of magic. Her power in shadow magic reaches Class VIII, which would give her the title of “Divine Mage,” by the mortal races.
- Goddess of Nature | Inari
- Race: Goddess (Fox Demi-human)
- Age at introduction: ???
- Inari is a Goddess of Nature. She spends most of her time as the head of her own religion, where she takes care of her members and blesses the land to bring forth strong harvest. She also confers blessings to her members to give them good health and safety.
- Inari’s past is not well-known, but her church has existed for hundreds of years, and she takes pride in the faith of her members. Inari does not directly appear to most members of the church, but does head their prayers and do what she can for them. Being the head of a religion is difficult work however, so she can only attend to so many of the people’s wishes.
- Being a Goddess of Nature, Inari possesses high magical power in healing, as well as growth and fertility. Inari’s magic can advance towns to cities and her believers are some of the healthiest people in all of Methendil. She does not often interact with those who are high in class however, most of her followers are demi-human and elven farmers. Her abilities in magic are: Class IX nature magic, Class VII wind, earth, and water magics, Class V spatial and fire magics.